Friday, May 13

Whither went my holiday.....

Over the next few weeks, I’ll try to update my blog with insights from my recent two-week lightening visit to Pakistan.

The rant that good time flies by quickly has become a cliché, but nevertheless applies vividly in my case. It is as if the sight of the majestic snow-capped Himalayas, which greeted me every morning, were but a dream. Here, my first step out of the house is greeted by nothing more than the sight of the terrace opposite.

Much has changed since my last visit and some places were barely recognisable. There is a point off the main road which links Chattroh with other villages. In 1999, it was a quite place, with only the odd water buffalo bathing in a ditch and the traffic going to and from Chattroh. Now it is bustling with activity, with grand residences surrounded by shops and roadside cafes and everywhere the evidence of more building.

No comments: